Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Photonics Jobs!
Go back to the Job List
Senior Analog Design Engineer - 14928Posted by: DRS Technologies
Posted date: 2012-Oct-04
Location: Danbury, CT
DRS Consolidated Controls, Inc
DRS Consolidated Controls, Inc. (DRS-CCI) is the premier supplier of instrumentation & control systems for critical applications in U.S. Navy ships. DRS CCI is a leading innovator and supplier of shipboard hydraulic to electric actuation conversion solutions that reduce construction and lifecycle costs. Since the 1960s DRS CCI, under our Consolidated Controls legacy name brand, has provided Nuclear Regulatory Commission certified safety, and non-safety, analog and digital distributed controls systems for US and international nuclear power plants. Products include shipboard control systems and panels, high-performance networks, tactical displays, controllers, circuit cards, detectors/transmitters, and specialty reactor plant instrumentation and control equipment. The division designs, qualifies and manufactures products that help our sailors maintain our nation’s maritime supremacy and our industrial customers to operate safely and efficiently. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule with core works of 80 hrs in 9 days and every other Friday off. www.drs-cci.com
Job Location Danbury, CT
Title: Senior Analog Design Engineer
Electrical Engineer proficient and experienced in analog circuit design. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in developing circuits based on discrete devices such as IGBTs, for use in military grade applications. Candidate must be familiar with standard power conversion methods and topologies, including the benefits and limitations of each. Candidate must be familiar with industry standard tools, such as Matlab.
Duties and Responsibility:
Perform requirements review, design to cost, design for testability, and design for manufacturability.
• Validates system performance in order to prove the technical design through analysis, simulation, and laboratory testing
• Generates complete system documentation and provides input to technical proposals in order to effectively communicate the design and/or approach to our internal and external customers.
• Analyze Product and Military specifications to ensure product compliance. Use requirements to drive design.
• Provides guidance, direction, and mentorship of less experienced design engineers in order to increase our design expertise base within the company with an emphasis on performance, design optimization and re-use.
• Communicates with the customer and internal management as the technical expert on project assignments in order to effectively interface with all facets of decision-making personnel and customer management
• Provide schedule and technical compliance updates to management in order to effectively record progress of technical aspects of the program assigned.
Basic Qualifications (include education and years of experience required):
• Bachelor´s Degree in Electrical Engineering, required - with 8+ years of detailed circuit and assembly design
• Experience in designs utilizing power electronics
• MS Degree in Electrical Engineering a plus
• Extensive PC skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows
• United States Citizenship is required
This position could require the ability to obtain and retain any applicable security clearances, including interim security clearances, within a time period to be established by the Company
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
DRS Consolidated Controls, Inc is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. IND