Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Photonics Jobs!
Go back to the Job List
Sr. Mechanical EngineerPosted by: W. M. Keck Observatory
Posted date: 2012-Oct-26
The Senior Mechanical Engineer works under the direction of the TSD Senior Engineer to provide mechanical engineering and project management support, to develop new observatory capabilities and to upgrade existing observatory systems. This position is responsible for design, analysis, specification, and construction of high technology mechanical and opto-mechanical systems for precision telescope operations.
Qualifications for this position are:
• B. S. Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• >8 years of Mechanical Engineering experience, preferably some experience with opto-mechanical devices, 3 years of which are in project/subcontract management and reporting.
• Track record of precision designs of small and large scale mechanical components.
• Engineering process and configuration management experience.
• Competence with 3D computer aided design, finite element analysis, design for assembly and maintainability, product life cycle management, and reliability engineering.
• Experienced use of modern manufacturing techniques.
To learn more and to apply please go to: http://keckobservatory.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-359943.html
Equal Opportunity Employer