Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Photonics Jobs!
Go back to the Job List
Security Analyst – Cyber NetworkPosted by: DRS Technologies
Posted date: 2013-Feb-13
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
DRS Technologies, Inc. is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Integrated Defense Systems and Services is a best-in-class developer of advanced electronic systems and other military technologies to support the warfighter and peacekeeper. Headquartered in Rockville, Md., the company is composed of seven lines of business with annual revenues of $1.4 billion. Our more than 3,700 employees around the globe include a number of committed DRS IDSS staff working side-by-side in theater with American and Allied soldiers. DRS IDSS provides products, services and systems integration in the areas of intelligence and sensor technologies, security, cyber, sonar, communications, electronic warfare, training systems, satellite communications, avionics, control systems and unmanned.
Job Location Gaithersburg, MD
Title: Security Analyst – Cyber Network
Applying a highly technical understanding of core cyber security domains, the Network Security Analyst is responsible for performing a variety of tasks that directly enhance DRS’ cyber security posture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Network Security Analyst will have primary responsibilities for the following types of activities:
· Conducting network vulnerability assessments.
· Working with IT operations teams and business points of contact to assess and mitigate cyber security risks.
· Monitoring events generated by network- and host-based security tools, assessing risk and validity, and appropriately escalating concerns.
· Assisting with incident response.
· Performing technical security tasks in support of ongoing security operations.
· Trained and highly experienced in setting up, configuring, customizing, scripting, analyzing events, and managing ArcSight Security Information Event Management (SEIM) systems.
· Knowledge of advanced persistent threat modus operandi, as well as APT detection and mitigation technologies; experience in malware analysis.
· Background in operational cyber security disciplines, for example, security testing, security infrastructure management, and cyber security incident response. This includes experience gained within IT operational areas.
· Background in systems administration for Windows, UNIX/Linux environments. Comfortable configuring security settings within various operating systems and operating at the command line.
· Background in network and firewall administration, intrusion detection systems. Comfortable analyzing network traffic, ports, protocols, and services.
· Experience with programming/scripting languages.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the Cyber Security arena.
· At least four (4) years of hands-on technical experience in cyber security positions.
· At least two (2) years of hands-on technical experience managing an ArcSight SIEM.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS security clearance.
· Must be able to travel 25 – 30% of time.
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) (must be able to obtain CISSP within 6 months of hiring if not currently certified)
· Active TS security clearance (eligible for SCI).
· In-depth experience in one or more of the following technical domains:
· vulnerability assessment and offensive security testing (e.g. penetration testing)
· incident response
· computer network defense
· network traffic analysis
DRS Defense Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. IND