Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Photonics Jobs!
Go back to the Job List
Optical Test EngineerPosted by: Calmar Laser Inc
Posted date: 2012-Jun-28
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
This Testing Engineer position is responsible for final test of ultrafast fiber laser products and plays an important role in product quality control.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Perform final test of fiber laser products, write test report and instruction manual.
· Process test data and prepare various reports.
· Closely communicate with manufacturing team in case of failure during test.
· Work with other engineer to develop and document product test plans and procedures.
· Participate in development of test automation.
· Build necessary tools to test laser performance or improve work efficiency.
· Ensure test equipment accuracy through regular calibration and checking.
· Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
· B.S. degree in EE, physics, optics or equivalent, with 2+ years’ working experience in related field is preferred.
· Knowledge of laser performance test methods and equipment.
· Hands-on experience of free space optical alignment.
· Knowledge of data acquisition, analysis and management tools, such as LabVIEW, Excel and MATLAB.
· Excellent computer skills: word processing and spreadsheets.
· Experience of Visual Basic, C#, SQL programming is a plus.
· Strong skills to manage time and organize daily activities with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to work as an effective team member and self-motivated.